What is Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana (PM-KISAN) scheme is a government initiative in India that provides financial assistance to small and marginal farmers. Under the scheme, eligible farmers receive direct income support of 6,000 rupees (approximately $80) per year, paid in three equal installments. The scheme was announced by the Indian government in the 2019-2020 Union Budget and was launched on 1 December 2018. The scheme aims to provide support to small and marginal farmers, who constitute around 86% of the total farming community in India, and to help them meet their expenses related to agriculture and allied activities.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
The main benefits of the scheme are:
- Financial Assistance: Under the scheme, small and marginal farmers with less than 2 hectares of landholding are provided with an annual financial assistance of Rs. 6000, which is paid in three equal installments.
- Improved Income: The financial assistance provided under the scheme helps small and marginal farmers to improve their income and meet their basic needs.
- Relief from Indebtedness: The scheme provides relief to small and marginal farmers from indebtedness by helping them to meet their immediate needs such as purchasing seeds, fertilizers, and other inputs.
- Encourages Farming: The scheme encourages small and marginal farmers to continue farming by providing them with financial assistance.
- Easy Access to Benefits: The scheme is implemented through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode and the benefits are credited directly to the bank accounts of the farmers. This ensures easy and quick access to the benefits for the farmers.
- Better Living Standard: The scheme helps farmers to improve their living standard by providing them with financial assistance to meet their basic needs.
- Support to Small and Marginal Farmers: The scheme provides support to small and marginal farmers who are the most vulnerable sections of society and need government support the most.
The eligibility criteria for the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana are as follows:
- Small and marginal farmers: Only small and marginal farmers with less than 2 hectares of landholding are eligible for the scheme.
- Residency: The farmer should be a resident of India.
- Identity Proof: The farmer should possess a valid identity proof such as Aadhaar card, voter ID card, or PAN card.
- Bank Account: The farmer should have a bank account in his/her name, which is linked to his/her Aadhaar number.
- No income criteria: There is no income criteria for the eligibility of the scheme.
- Not covered under other schemes: The farmer should not be covered under any other similar schemes such as the Fasal Bima Yojana or the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana.
- Exclusion: The farmers who are in service with Central/State Government or Public Sector Undertakings are not eligible for this scheme.
In summary, the PM-KISAN scheme is targeted to small and marginal farmers (holding land up to 2 hectares) and eligible farmer will get Rs. 6000 per year in three equal instalments. Farmers need to have valid identity proof and a bank account linked with Aadhaar in order to avail the benefit.
Documents Required for the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
The following documents are required to apply for the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN):
- Aadhaar Card: A valid Aadhaar card is required for both the farmer and the spouse (if married). The Aadhaar number should be linked to the bank account of the farmer.
- Landholding documents: The farmer should provide documents that prove their landholding such as land records, land revenue receipts, or other similar documents.
- Bank account details: The farmer should provide their bank account details, including the account number, IFSC code, and bank branch details.
- Identity proof: The farmer should provide a valid identity proof such as voter ID card, PAN card, or driving license.
- Passport size photo: The farmer should provide a recent passport size photograph.
- Caste Certificate (If applicable) : If the farmer belongs to SC/ST/OBC, then they need to provide the caste certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Income certificate (If applicable) : If the farmer’s annual income is less than 2 Lakhs, then they need to provide income certificate issued by the competent authority.
Note that the eligibility criteria and the required documents may vary depending on the state or union territory in which the farmer resides. It is advisable to check the specific guidelines of your state or union territory before applying for the PM-KISAN scheme.